Right now After Effects cannot easily add a stroke to layers. The native effect Stroke request a mask. But what if I just want to add a stroke to layers with alpha like an imported SWF or pre comps? Stroke is an intuitive way to add the Stroke Layer Style without needing to twirl down several properties until you find what you need.
- Blend Mode: Change the blend mode of the Stroke.
- Color: The color of the stroke.
- Stroke Width: The width of the stroke. Renamed since Size is too nebulous.
- Opacity: The opacity of the stroke.
- Position: The position of the stroke on the edge.
I tried to mimic a native effect as much as possible. If you toggle the fx icon on/off the Stroke will toggle on/off also. CS6+ compatible.
Remember, this is not really a plug-in. You'll need to install the preset by adding it to your Presets folder.
Windows: Adobe After Effects CC 2017/Support Files/Presets
Mac: Adobe After Effects CC 2017/Presets